This week we cut down ALL the bushes along the north side fence. Not only does this make things look a little different, but now my HF6-V vertical antenna is more exposed and not surrounded by Honeysuckle plants.
In the picture at right, you can just see the vertical antenna between the two palm trees.
It didn't happen without problems. After doing some work on the coax, and adding two more radials, the antenna just didn't work right. I made several adjustments with no success.
Finally I found the "ground" connection from the coax to the antenna had broken, effectively turning my vertical into a piece of tubing at the end of a wire. A quick fix with the soldering iron and it works as good as new!