Sunday, May 2, 2010

Upgrading to Windows 7... a journey!

Recently I decided that the "kids" computer, with Windows 7, would become my new home computer. It's an Acer, with gobs of hard drive space, more memory and features and is very fast. It took awhile, but we finally got it all to work. 

However, my various ham radio contesting and logging programs wouldn't work with Windows 7, so I had to get a new program. But that was actually a good thing as I now have logging, DX cluster, contest logging, and DXCC all on one screen (see photo). It's similar to the famous CT program, but works on Windows 7 and has many more features, plus the new computer is much faster than the old Dell with XP.

The new program is WinTest: http://www.win-test.com/ 

Thanks to our son Matthew for helping me get this program and everything else working properly!